Hatherley Infant School is situated within its original Victorian building with rather grand old railings encircling the deceptively large grounds where children have played for 120 years.
Hatherley opened in 1901 and originally had an infant department for children aged 3 to 7 years and a mixed department for children aged 7 to 13/14 years of age. The school is situated in Tredworth, once a small community outside Gloucester but now very much part of Gloucester City. The community spirit is reflected in the ethos of the school and it retains a very welcoming atmosphere. The tradition of attending Hatherley has been handed down from generation to generation, whilst welcoming an increasingly diverse community.