PE and Sport Premium
This year Hatherley will be focusing on the following points to improve the provision of PE and Sport for our children:
- Use the fundamental movement skills throughout the curriculum to improve children's physical literacy.
- Increase opportunities for children to participate in competitive sport to accelerate performance levels and to ensure they have opportunities to enjoy striving for success as part of a team and as individuals.
- Widen opportunities for sports participation within the curriculum as well as for enrichment and extra curricular experiences to support the development of healthy lifestyles.
Curriculum - The curriculum at Hatherley is driven by fundamental movements skills and multi-ability goals to develop the whole child (social, personal, physical, creative and cognitive). These will run through all PE and Sport at Hatherley.
Sports and PE Funding - This government funding is aimed at:
• Improving the quality of PE provision in schools and therefore ensuring children have sufficient opportunities to develop their skills
• Ensuring children have the opportunity to compete in sport within schools and between schools
• Supporting children to take part in and enjoy exercise as part of leading a healthy lifestyle.
Attached is a summary of how we have allocated the funds for our school this year. We will post an evaluation at the end of the school year so we can tell you what impact the initiatives have had on the standards in PE and Sports at our school.
Key actions for this year:
- Working in partnership with Montagu Academy to provide bespoke PE training for all staff and additional support for the new PE coordinator to raise standards in teaching;
- Raising the standards in ‘Moving and Handling’ within the EYFS by investing in a number of resources to develop children’s fine and gross motor skills;
- Introducing yoga as part of our PE and PINK curriculum with a focus on mental health and well being;
- Continuing affiliation with GSSN for competitive sport, extra curricular activities in the local area and support for the PE subject leader;
- Providing enrichment opportunities within extra curricular sports.